Izzie has been making a huge mess in her baby bath so we moved her up to Ben's "little bathtub." Izzie thought it was great. She loves being able to sit up and splash with both hands, and frankly, is going to be hard to contain.
Ben tried to be helpful in ways that were not helpful at all. He told me he wanted pour water on Izzie's back... which was true, if by "back" he meant head! In order to get him less involved in Izzie's bath I decided he needed one of his own. So, Colin got out another tub. Suddenly Izzie's focus changed from trying to stand up in her bath to trying to climb into Ben's bath.
Ben was not impressed at this turn of events. I can understand how he must feel when we tell him not to do something (like splash water all over the floor) but then Izzie does it... and doesn't get in trouble. It's tough when you get "old enough to know better." (I did tell Izzie not to splash so that Ben would get to hear us saying no to her about something.) Despite Ben's issue with Izzie's hands on his tub he didn't want to be moved farther away because that would prevent him from using his plastic cups to pour water from his bath into Izzie's... life is just so exciting around here!And did I mention Izzie is crawling?
2 comments:
Ah yes, I remember those days. 2 in a tub and don't touch my water toys or come in my end. I just laughed seeing Ben's expression - she's touching my tub. It does really settle down once they are both past 20, I mean both past 3 or 4 years of age.:)
Love Grandma
Can hardly wait till I get to bath them for a few weeks.
Yay, Izzie! Crawl, baby, crawl.
Post a Comment