Thursday, April 03, 2008

Daily Photos: Day 94

This little monkey is getting into everything. Would you believe that she started out sitting in the middle of this blanket touching nothing? She doesn't crawl, yet somehow she managed to turn herself and work her way over to the dresser - where she opened the drawer by herself! Yes, we have our hands full.
Doesn't it look like she's mocking us? Ben really likes to fly things but when he does he makes noises... and more noises... because flying things are noisy. This much he knows. And two year olds are noisy. This much I know. Sometimes it seems like he has a little too much energy and he's trying to let it out through his mouth. Ben and Izzie play vocal games with each other where Ben tries to imitate Izzie and/or get her to shriek more. Ben especially likes to initiate this game in the car when Izzie is trying to fall asleep. He'll suddenly yell and then say, "Oh, funny!" It's not so funny when Izzie starts crying though. In fact, usually we all want to start crying when this happens. Colin and I frantically scan for something interesting outside to distract him with and I find myself using a tone of voice fraught with false excitement. You know, the voice you use when you're desperately trying to convince your child that something is worth doing. ("Wow, look Ben... a big blue truck!" Oooh, spinach... I loooove spinach!") This only works for about about 3 seconds though. I love that Ben is talking more and able to communicate with us, and I love Izzie's joyous outbursts, but I'm also very appreciative of those few hours when they're both in bed sleeping peacefully and, for the most part, quietly.

No comments: