

We took a three hour epic journey to the library today. The children's session at the library is only half an hour, but the route we have to take involves passing through a park... which slowed us down considerably on the way back. Izzie conked out between the library and the park so while Ben was playing she got in a good sleep. I had to pick Ben up and carry him away from the equipment to get him to leave. He really didn't want to go, but as we approached three hours outside the house Izzie and I decided it was time! I went through the steps parents usually take (5 more minutes, one more slide, okay time to go, come on, let's go home and eat lunch... I'm leaving now... I'm going without you...good-bye... see you later... ) I could have been halfway home before he started following me! Luckily he was too tired to put up much of a fight - he probably would have been happy to let me carry him all the way home - and he was soon strapped in beside his little sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment