Hurricane Earl prevented us from leaving Nova Scotia for PEI when we had planned. So, we ended up with an overnight whirlwind trip!
This is the lighthouse on my Grandpa's property.
The kids both fell asleep on the way to my grandpa's house. Ben had been looking forward to getting lobster and cooking it so we picked up some lobster on the way. I figured the kids would wake up when we carried them into the house, but no. We shook Ben's shoulder and called his name several times in an attempt to wake him so he could see the lobster while they were still alive, but no. So we cooked the lobster. Prior to eating we tried to wake him several times more, but no, he was really out!
Izzie was just as hard to wake as Ben. I was left with that terrible decision that every parent hates to make: wake the children up so they can eat and get to bed at a normal time and risk them being cranky all evening because of it, or let them sleep and have a pleasant evening yourself but risk them waking up in the middle of the night wide awake or hungry. I decided to let them sleep while the rest of us enjoyed a peaceful meal. They ended up going to bed late, but I got to sit down and eat uninterrupted!
Here's my grandpa preparing the cooked lobster for us. He separates the body from the tail cracks the claws so we can get the meat out.




1 comment:
I love the pictures of lighthouses in books, on calendars, and such. And to think that you have one in your family. That is so...cool! Beautiful sight. And those sleeping kids were a beautiful sight too. So sweet. Glad you had a good time eating and visiting.
Post a Comment