Sunday, September 21, 2008

Daily Photos: Day 264

Friday, September 19th

Judging by Izzie's enjoyment of cake - both hers and Ben's - and her presents, I think she's going to like birthdays every bit as much as Ben does. The two of them love this present from Grandma Patsy and Grandpa Wingo. It's a fabric barn with a handle on top. The roof opens up and 4 stuffed animals fit inside. Each animal has its name embroidered on it and can make a sound. Izzie likes to drag the barn around with her and open and close the velcro on the roof, and Ben has played with it as much or more than Izzie. At random moments I've even heard him saying to himself the words written on the roof of the barn, "My barnyard friends."

Sometimes when I explain something to Ben I'll tell him what I what him to know and then ask,"Did you know that?" (I'm always curious to know if I'm telling him something new or if he already knows it all!) He's taken to saying the same words. The other day we were driving and he said, "Did you know that lights bring cars to their houses?" I think he meant that the streetlights showed the cars how to get home. As I took this picture he asked me, "Mom, did you know that cows and pigs hug?"

1 comment:

Chris and Julee said...

Isn't it scary when you hear your words coming back at you from your children? Recently Sam started saying, "That'll be nice" after I tell him what we're going to do that day. He even does it with the same intonation that I say it. Turns out he's listening MUCH too closely to what I say!