This is the transition area at the Panther Creek Xterra Triathlon.
The race began with an 800m swim in Cherokee Lake. There was actually a sign posted: Swimming Prohibited!
After the swim was a 16.6 mile mountain bike.
Last was a 4.5 mile run. Colin is in the red shirt - and all this after the 10k the day before!
On our end there was a lot of waiting around, but the children were very good. We had a small crisis when Ben wanted to drink the gatorade provided for the racers and I wouldn't let him. (It was a very hot day and the racers still had two events to complete.) His meltdown was curtailed when a race administrator came over and talked to him. During this time I remembered I had a box of Nerds in my backpack. It's amazing how much time you can kill when you're eating Nerds one by one!
The boys with their matching tattoos.
2 comments:
Colin: I am so impressed. Way to go!
Colin, at my age and level of physical fitness (almost non-existent!), I can't even imagine what you accomplished that weekend.
Post a Comment