Friday, May 09, 2008

Daily Photos: Day 130

Today was Colin's last day of classes for the semester! This afternoon we all piled into the car for a drive in the mountains. Of course I had to bring the camera... and the tripod because I've been wanting to get some pictures of waterfalls. We didn't end up at any waterfalls, but the tripod came in handy for some rare family photos!

We drove across the state line into North Carolina to a ski resort. We were there once last summer for Colin to do some volunteer work at a biking event.

Izzie was not interested in looking at the camera, despite the timer's beep which I had thought would draw her attention. Also, Ben was more interested in the stick he is holding than in having his picture taken.

Not your typical family portrait, but I like it.

Ben was giving lots of "nice hugs." You might think that the phrase "nice hugs" is redundant, but Izzie can attest to the fact that not all of Ben's hugs are nice.

Colin thought it would be fun to get Ben on his shoulders while Izzie was in the carrier, and I thought it would be fun to get a picture of this, but the only way Colin could get Izzie to smile was to do squats - she loves to be swooped and flown through the air and this was as close as it was going to get while being strapped in.


On the way home from the ski resort we took detour to Roan Mountain and climbed a big bald.



It was colder and much windier up on the bald, but Izzie and Ben didn't complain too much. We were glad we had run back into the house at the last minute for some extra clothing.

After we convinced Ben to get out of the backpack and walk, Izzie had her first try in it.


Izzie still not interested in the beeping camera... but the backpack is pretty interesting!

We are never going to get a "perfect" family picture, but I figure without trying we won't get any family pictures at all... and that would be a shame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day! What a neat place you live in. Yes, I agree you should keep trying your family pictures. Even if there are always odd things going on. :) That's life, isn't it?