Colin spent 3 days and 2 nights in the hospital and left with this $5000 custom brace which he gets to wear until mid-December. Or possibly not quite as long if he's lucky.
Knock, knock! Anybody in there? One of the hardest things is that Colin can't pick up the kids, wrestle with them etc.
I was worried about that but they have been very gentle (mostly) so far. Izzie seems to be particularly conscious of the fact that she can't jump on Daddy anymore. She likes to go over and gently hug Colin's leg or slip her little hand into his.
Izzie knows when she's being cute. Today she climbed into bed with Daddy and snuggle up to his plasticky side. She was quite pleased with herself and happy to pose for a few pictures.
4 comments:
Thank you for the pictures. I was having a hard time imagining the brace. I'm glad to see Colin smiling. And I'm so glad Steve was able to come quickly and Valerie was able to follow him and stay for a week.
Yes, I agree with Ann. It is good to see Colin smiling. We are praying that each day will bring more healing for him. Oh so sweet...Izzie kissing Daddy on the cheek. Hang in there; we are thinking of you all.
that izzie...& poor colin! my goodness, natalie!!! that is crazy. i hope that his pain is not terrible & if it is, that @ the very least it's manageable. so great seeing you last weekend, albeit briefly. praying for all of you as colin continues to heal!
I'm so sorry this happened Nat! Hoping for a speedy recovery for Colin - that thing doesn't look comfy at all!
Post a Comment