
We finally got enough snow and cold weather that it stayed on the ground for a few days. (I've been waiting for this!) So we bundled Ben and Izzie up, loaded Izzie into the wagon, and headed out to the park. (Not the school, the park - Ben decided he wanted to keep walking.) The wagon wasn't easy to pull because the snow kept sticking to the wheels, but it was still much easier than trying to carry them or walk with both of them. Izzie is not very coordinated in shoes let alone in snow with extra clothing!

I think this picture is interesting because it's so monochromatic except for Ben.

Izzie got to try out the fleece outfit that Ben wore when he was her age.

I'm not sure if Izzie realized the snow was falling from the sky.

Ben has a concept of snow and has for some time, but I don't think he remembers when it snowed last year. He's seen snow this winter, but this was the first time we had enough to play in so he was very excited about the snow on the ground... and also concerned about why it would be on the roof too.

Izzie could hardly walk but that didn't stop her from playing. She loves to wear hat and mittens even inside the house. She brings them to us to put on and if she can't find her mittens she'll bring socks instead!

It was sticky enough to make snowballs. I made a small snowman and was going to take a picture of the children with it... but his head fell off. Shoddy construction. Can you guess what Ben is going to do next? I wouldn't want him to eat a lot of snow, but of course he's going to be curious about its texture and what it tastes like. I thought I'd leave the lessons about acid snow and yellow snow for another day.
1 comment:
Yes, the picture of Ben in bright colors against the monochromatic background is interesting. Doesn't Izzie look happy sitting in the wagon ready to go?
Post a Comment