Sunday, July 6th

We went to a nearby park/beach on Sunday afternoon. Ben was pleased to show off his hanging abilities. He likes to swing from a bar, but not on a swing.

Izzie, on the other hand, loves the swings.

Ben wanted Izzie to help "push" him up the slide.

Grandpa taught Ben how to say, "Look out below!" before coming down the slide. Ben also started to say, "Look out above!" before going up the slide.

After playing at the park for a while we walked down to the beach and took off our shoes.

Some of us took off our dresses too... We tried to just let Izzie get her feet in, but she was intent on sitting so we let her. Then she was determined to eat rocks. She would splash a few times and on one of the splashes covertly pick up a rock and try to get it in her mouth. Yes, she actually managed to get a couple in her mouth at different times and I had to fish them out. This sounds riciculous since I knew she was trying to eat them, but she is
really fast. Just ask Grandma Val - she also fished a few out!
2 comments:
Looks like Ben and Izzie are getting to the age where they can interact and be friends. I'm so glad you give explanation with the photos Natalee. It makes me feel I am there watching them grow up in person.
(hanging my head in shame) - my kid eats rocks, too. Well, she puts them in her mouth and holds them there. Luckily I have found them all and she hasn't swallowed any. At least I THINK she hasn't. Sometimes I find rocks in her diaper (or whole Cheerios) but I think they got in another way.....
Post a Comment