Thursday, June 12, 2008

Daily Photos: Day 154

Monday, June 2nd

We made some lobster-stuffed phyllo triangles with the leftover lobster. They were worth the considerable effort it took to extract the lobster meat and work with the phyllo dough. We also made some lobster pasta, but it didn't live up to our high expectations.


I think we've been to every park/school in the area. The boys, as usual, were very excited about the slides and climbing equipment. There was also a neat tractor on a spring.

They had to take turns driving.

Unfortunately the play ended a bit early when Ben smashed his head on a beam that surrounded the perimeter of the equipment. Within seconds he had a huge goose-egg above his right eye. We rushed home to call a hospital and look up information on concussions. He stopped crying quite quickly, and we decided he was fine, (although I was still quite horrified by the size of the bump) but he refused to let us go anywhere near his head with ice or a cold cloth. We finally bribed him with an ice cream sandwich.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what do I see tucked in Sam's hands? Could it be rocks?

Anonymous said...

I remember being told to put ice on an injury. How do you get a small child to sit still for an ice bag? Not easy.