Izzie is trying very hard to break her habit of sucking her thumb. Some days she tries harder than others. Sometimes when we "remind" her to take her thumb out of her mouth she carefully reminds us that, "I used to have a bad habit of biting my nails, but then I broke that habit!" The word broke is always accompanied by a vigorous chopping motion to indicate the force and speed with which she dispatched her bad habit to whatever place it is bad habits go to die. The funny thing I have never seen her bite her nails! (Probably because she was too busy sucking.) No, nail-biting was a habit of Ben's and he has indeed broken it - quite a while ago...
only to replace it with odd finger contortions.
Still, we are proud of Ben for not biting his fingernails anymore, and proud of Izzie for trying to stop sucking her thumb.


1 comment:
Habits--we all have them, some are just more visible than others. I'm proud of you Izzie for trying and I know you will soon make it. Surely there is a place in the entertainment world for Ben the 'finger contortionist'. Maybe a daytime talk show?
Post a Comment