One of the highlights of our visit to Vancouver was the afternoon we left Chris with the kids and went off to enjoy high tea at a local tea shop. (Why do I feel like I should write "shoppe?")
We spent two hours chatting, sipping tea from our own personal pots, and stuffing ourselves with fancy sandwiches and pastries. We barely ate that morning in anticipation of the coming feast.
I tried to listen to the server as she was telling us all the details, but my mind had already raced ahead and was pre-tasting everything. Besides, it's taken me so long to get to this post that it's all a little hazy. Here's what I do remember: we started with the savory bottom layer and ate our way to the top. he bottom layer featured sundried tomato puff pastry and miniature BLTs on homemade poppyseed buns... and something else that didn't register.
This was the scones layer... there might have been lemon almond loaf perhaps, but it's definitely the scones, Devon(shire?) cream and raspberry jam that I remember the most. In fact, I had been craving these after having them 2 years earlier when Jonathan was born.
And the top layer was sweet treats... something was lemon, something was chocolate...it was all good.
Guess I got as bit too close - it looks like the plates are floating in mid-air!
On your mark, get set, EAT! No, really, we were all quite ladylike... although I guess "real ladies" might not have finished every last crumb.
The only one missing from this picture is Evie, who spent the entire 2 hours sleeping (in her cars eat on the floor) like a champ! It was great to spend some uninterrupted time with my mom and sisters and the elegant tea and pastries made it even sweeter.







1 comment:
What a great time to have with your mother and your sisters. Fun!
Post a Comment