Colin is usually the one racing, but we (he?) decided it was time for the rest of us to do something while he watched. So we entered
Izzie and Ben in a kid's race, and I entered a 5k. (Don't ask me how the 5k went because after we'd driven half-way there we realized I didn't have my race number so I didn't run.) And in my defense, I did have the kids dressed, changed and fed, had snacks for them, books for the car, diapers and wipes in the diaper bag, wallet, keys, phone and was dressed in my race clothes. With the important exception of my number, of course. And as it turns out, I actually remembered what my race number was, but we didn't know if there would be any way to prove it. So instead we went to a yard sale, ate breakfast at McDonald's and the kids bounced in a bouncy castle that we came across. Actually, Izzie didn't want to go in without me and no other children were in it or waiting to get in so I bounced too. Colin will attest that we bounced for a long time, but probably not as long as it would have taken me to run 5k! Luckily, Ben and
Izzie's race the night before went off without a hitch.

Here's Ben getting his number pinned on. He was doing a lot of thumb-biting that day.

Here's
Izzie getting her number pinned on. And look - I'm in a picture!

And another one too!

??? Your guess is as good as mine! Actually I think they were warming up - Ben decided to invent his own stretches when he couldn't quite follow the ones everyone else was doing.

Daddy getting
Izzie all set. I was worried
Izzie was going to end up on her face because these shoes were slightly too large for her and she didn't have a lot of practice moving around in them. She stayed on her feet though, and to be honest, it probably wouldn't have fazed her if she had fallen down.

Ben, getting into his zone.


Izzie copying Ben.
Izzie practicing before the race.

Daddy giving her some encouragement.
Izzie was so excited she ran straight into my arms on the sideline laughing and cheering and thought she was done! I had to run with her to finish the race. She came in last, but was very happy about it and proud of herself, as were we!

Technically
Izzie was one day short of the 2 year old age group but we figured that didn't matter either. Look how proud she is of her ribbon.

I asked them to show me their ribbons and this is what they did! The ribbons say, "I ran 75 yards at the Eastman Youth Runs. We definitely plan to do it again next year.
3 comments:
Izzie looks quite the part of an athlete in her shorts and running shoes! Cute pictures of both--the stretching, getting into the zone, and showing off the ribbons. I will come to your defense. There is a lot to think of when you go somewhere with children. Thanks for all the great pictures and updates.
ok...this is about the cutest thing! izzie's little legs are still so *baby* - she's such a love. & those pics of ben getting into his zone are just beyond darling. you've got such beautiful kids...looks like colin's doing well too - & great to see you in some pics, momma! ;-) love you, girl! will you guys be around @ christmas?
Beth - ha ha, these pictures are from before the accident. That's how far behind I am! Not entirely sure of our Christmas plans at this point. You going to be in TN?
Post a Comment