Saturday, August 15, 2009

Oklahoma!

Not long after Julee's visit we left for Oklahoma. We, being Nat and the kids. And yes, I did feel a little guilty going off to have fun with Colin's family while he stayed behind and worked...

The day after we arrived we had a cookout at Patsy and Wingo's. Ben was quite taken with both Shadow and Josie. This one is Shadow, I believe.

Izzie liked the dogs too.

And the porch swing.


Even if she has to share it with Grandpa and Ben.

After dinner we went for a ride in the jeeps though the back pasture to see the cows. A few pesky horseflies kept getting in and we realized Izzie knew how to say bug! Here's Grandma Ann, halfway through the ride indicating that we should be using the radio to communicate. Duh...

On the way back up to the house we saw some people stopped on the side of the road and went to investigate. It turns out there was a turtle stuck in the tar on the road and they were trying to get it out. It took considerable effort but Wingo managed to finally free it. Then I convinced Izzie and Ben to go into the field of flowers (it was so pretty!) so I could take a picture - even though they were hot and tired.


So this is what I got...


Then Ben perked up for about a minute. And both he and Izzie slept well that night!

2 comments:

Chris and Julee said...

Beautiful flowers, beautiful kids!

-Julee

patsy said...

Great pictures, and we had a great time with all of you in Oklahoma. I especially like the one of Ben and Shadow. Both are looking right at the camera.