Monday, December 22, 2008

Daily Photos: Day 352

Wednesday, December 17th
We went to a birthday party for one of Ben's friends this evening and brought home a souvenir from inside the pirate pinata. Doesn't Ben make a great nerd?

When the candy started hitting the floor Izzie practically threw herself out of my arms. Ben was a little shy about diving into the fray but Izzie had no such qualms. (Actually, these kids were very low-key: it's generally a recipe for disaster when you get lots of small children together, load them up on sugar, blindfold and give one a bat and then instruct that child to beat his/her way to more sugar. I'm pretty sure that's how wars get started.) At one point in the evening as I was prying a foil covered peanut butter cup from each of Izzie's hands I realized she already had one in her mouth, foil and all. It was a party, so yes, I did let her eat some - and she devoured more than her fair share of my piece of cake... and then Ben's - I just didn't want her to melt them into a gooey mess in her hands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nat, you are a great writer. I can easily imagine the scenes you write about. I chuckle at the descriptions of the antics of Ben and Izzie. Next best thing to being there.