Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Daily Photos: Day 36

Ben holding part of a toy after being instructed not to throw it in the house...
According to our pediatrician there is a window at 4 months when it is easier to familiarize a baby with a spoon. So, we're giving Izzie some cereal just to practice the mechanics of eating. We're hoping this will ease her transition to solids at 6 months and older - it was such a struggle getting Ben to eat off a spoon! Today was her first time trying and she seemed very excited both about the spoon and the cereal. She only looks bored in this picture because I had to put down the spoon in order to pick up the camera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have Roll-a-Rounds too, they're nasty if they're thrown in the house. Otherwise I thought they were a pretty good toy (better than the peekablocks, those were useless!)

And don't worry, girls just naturally figure the spoon thing out earlier than boys. From what I've seen anyways... does that surprise you?