Monday, February 04, 2008

Daily Photos: Day 35

Colin brought home some Lincoln Logs for Ben to play with so Ben has been building "big houses"/turning our family room into a minefield. Why is it that all the best toys have a thousand pieces to get lost/be stepped on/make a mess of the house?
Contrary to what this picture suggests, Izzie is not actually sitting unsupported. She was sitting for this picture, but it happens rarely and for only seconds at a time. She is, however, rolling over - intentionally and repeatedly. Whereas we only saw Ben roll over twice, Izzie will do it almost any time you place her on her back. This is a bit of a problem when I try to put her to bed because she wants to practice instead of sleeping. It also makes changing her diaper more interesting! There is some question about when she actually did it for the first time. One day last week I left her on her back playing and popped into the kitchen to get something. When I returned about 30 seconds later she was on her tummy - but Ben has been known to practice sibling rollery and upon being questioned he even confessed.
Me: Ben, did you roll the baby over?
Ben: Yes.
Me: Really?
Ben: Yes.
Me: I told you not to roll the baby.
Ben: Yes.
Me: You rolled the baby?
Ben: Yes.
Me: Did the baby roll over by herself?
Ben: Yes.
Me: Did she roll over or did you roll her over?
Ben: Baby...
Me: Did you get off your chair?
Ben: Yes.
Me: Did you stay on your chair?
Ben: Yes.
It certainly wasn't a confession that would stand up in court. The next day I saw her roll over multiple times so I figure Ben was probably innocent.

No comments: