Friday, March 17, 2006

Rolling over!

This has been quite the eventful week in Benjamin's life. Last night as he was laying in bed on his tummy, babbling away and refusing to go to sleep, he suddenly rolled over to his back! Physically I think he could have done it long before now, but he never seemed interested - he never wanted to try on his own. Colin wasn't REALLY asleep, or maybe he was... but not after I excitedly blurted out, "He just rolled over!" I plopped Ben back on his tummy and we watched breathlessly as he... kicked his legs, played with his hand, and smiled at us, pleased, but wondering what we were so excited about! It's as if he wanted to tease us a bit before doing it again. But a few seconds later he nonchalantly brought his leg up in the same motion and rolled over again! Despite his supposed indifference, his wide grin in response to our delighted praise revealed how pleased he was. He's sitting, rolling and trying desperately to crawl. It won't be long before he's officially on the loose!

No comments: