Thursday, March 16, 2006

First Tooth!


Like the eager first-time mom I am, I've been checking Ben every day to see whether he's gotten a tooth yet. After months of drooling and gnawing on everything in sight, one pearly tooth has finally broken through! It's amazing because yesterday there was nothing, and then suddenly this morning he pulled my finger into his mouth and there it was! Perfect timing because today he is officially 6 months old.

Benjamin's new favorite "toy" is the spatula that I gave him the other day while I was trying to cook dinner. He chews on either end and is surprising adept at turning it around. (He's only gagged himself a few times!) He also likes to bang it on the floor. I think it's a game he plays where he sees how far away from the Bumbo chair he can toss the toy and still retrieve it. Unfortunately he gets upset when he loses, and then hollers for me to pick it up.

2 comments:

Chris and Julee said...

What a funny expression Ben has on his face!!

-Julee

Natalee Creech said...

Yeah, he's saying, "Sheesh, Mom! Do you really have to photograph every moment of my mundane life?"