Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ben's Happenings



After a stressful beginning to the school year we decided Ben needed a chance to learn more Korean, get used to life here, work on fine motor skills etc.  Fortunately the preschool across the road from our school had an opening, so now Ben and Izzie are both attending there.  Ben was younger than all the other children in his 1st grade class, so next year he will be the same age as the other children.  He and Izzie are both coming home singing songs (or parts of them) in Korean and they seem to like it very much.  Izzie used to make a fuss when we dropped her off - though according to her teacher she was all smiles as soon as we left - but now she and Ben both smile and wave goodbye to us in the mornings.      

3 comments:

Grandma Ann said...

Oh, that report warms a grandmother's heart. I'm so glad the kids are happy to go to school, and I know that makes the parents' day easier. Bear hugs all around!

Chris and Julee said...

Oh hooray! I'm glad you've found a good fit for them, and I hope that life settles down a little more for everyone in the coming weeks and months.

I second Grandma Ann, "Bear hugs all around!"

Karen and Daryl said...

Wonderful! we've been praying for all of you! We're so glad that things are working out!
KAren and Daryl