We headed over to Patsy and Wingo's for a feast of melon, courtesy of Johnie and Nancy. I don't know where they found these whoppers - they were certainly the biggest melons I'd ever seen! I was really surprised when the salt shakers were passed around. Who ever heard of eating SALT on WATERMELON?! It seemed like a strange tradition to me, but I tried it, and it was quite good. I think it really did make the melon seem to taste sweeter. I'm sure Colin could tell you why that is.

Have you ever seen a watermelon this big?

It's approaching three feet long!

Circumference of the canteloupe. No folks, that is not a pumpkin you're looking at, although it's the size of one.

Mmmm, mmmm, good.



Sweet, sticky goodness! Watermelon + children = bath night.
3 comments:
Nat, you stick around this family long enough and you'll learn all sorts of things.
For example, GG puts her chocolate cake in a drinking glass and pours milk over it! That is weirder than salt on melon.
But I wonder if there aren't some Canadian customs we southerners might find unusual.
Yum1 Yum! I'd like to have a good, juicy watermelon about now. We are approaching winter here in Oklahoma, and that limits the selection of fresh fruit. I did get some very good grapes at Walmart several days ago.
Those are some seriously cute pictures!
I love the one with Ben and Izzie's mouths agape. And the one with Izzie chomping into the watermelon.
Awesome!
Post a Comment