Saturday, June 12, 2010

Poteau Bluegrass Festival

While we were in Oklahoma we spent a pleasant Saturday morning at the Poteau Bluegrass Festival. It was cold and rainy when we started out, but it turned out to be perfect weather. The day included a tour of an old hotel the historical society was restoring. There was also an old-fashioned shoot-out for which we had front-road seats.

Johnie entered his car in the show.

It was seriously so shiny I had to wait for the sun to go behind the clouds to take pictures - there was just too much reflection!

Ben, checking out the interior. (See what I mean by reflection?)

Half of the gang. Wade had thoughtfully brought some Hotwheels to give Ben and Ben was delighted. In this picture you also see the infamous stroller which earned the prestigious award of "best stroller." The award turned out to be a youth t-shirt from several festivals ago.

We all ate festival food. Ben and Izzie had gigantic corndogs... although I think I ate most of Izzie's for her. To give you an idea of the size of them, Ben had already eaten approximately one third of his by the time I took this picture. In addition to Izzie's surplus, I had my first "Indian Taco." This turns out to be a taco with Indian flatbread instead of... um, what is a taco actually supposed to be served in? A tortilla? A taco shell? You get the picture.

Some of us went on a short train ride. (Short meaning both the length of the ride and the length of the train.) Others, like Izzie, suddenly panicked and decided they didn't want to go after all.

Katie? Patsy? I know how I managed to not be in any of these pictures, but how did you?

2 comments:

Chris and Julee said...

I don't get it! The stroller used to be a t-shirt? What?! Is this just pregnancy brain I'm experiencing?

-Julee

Natalee Creech said...

Hmm, guess I was writing this too late at night. I mean the award for best stroller was a T-shirt.