On our recent trip to Oklahoma we checked out Robbers Cave State Park while Grandma and Grandpa were at work.

"Robber's Cave located on this trail, is a legendary outlaw hideout. No gunfighters or any historic incidences are documented as having occurred at the cave. Yet it is a fact that local travelers during the 1865-1890 were often victimized by bands of robbers. Because of the cave's secluded location it is thus likely that it served as an outlaw hideout."

The kids had fun climbing on all sorts of rocks, and as you can see by the blue leash, Morley did too.



Somehow during our drive we managed to lose one of Izzie's shoes, hence the green frog boots. Frankly, I think they make this picture. Every time she wears the boots Izzie gets compliments on them.

This was in a pagoda - I'm under the picnic table looking up at the ceiling and the others are on the picnic table.

Ben made a bridge!

Sometimes I ask them to make a silly face and get the goofies out of their systems so I can take a "nice" picture... but it rarely works.

This slippery slope was called Devil's Slide, and the kids had fun repeating that phrase over and over for the next half hour.
1 comment:
I wonder how many generations of children have enjoyed climbing on those rocks. I certainly did. The yearly big trip for my elementary one-room school (yes I'm that old :p) was to Robbers Cave State Park.
Post a Comment