As part of our adoption contract we took Morley to the vet to have him neutered. They didn't think they had a kennel big enough to keep him overnight so we brought him home that same evening, drugged and woozy.

He gets to wear this stylish cone for a week! It's called an Elizabethan collar, or E-collar. See picture
here .

He doesn't have any peripheral vision, so he keeps bumping into things and whacking us with his cone when he turns his head. He seems to be doing well, though, and should soon be back to normal.
4 comments:
Oh, the things we do for our animals! I am now regularly cooking macaroni and cheese to entice our old dog to eat.
I have seen those collars in cartoons, but have never known anyone whose dog actually wore one. Poor Morley, hope you get back to feeling like yourself soon.
Oh he's so cute. He looks like he should be "sighing" in the above pictures.
Karen
He DOES look rather pathetic, doesn't he? Poor boy...
We just went through this with our dog, after her ear operation. I swear they gave her the "great dane" sized collar, even though she's a smallish lab. We called it "the lamp shade." :)
I felt sooooo sorry for her when we brought her home, as she'd hit the doorframe and FREEZE, thinking she'd done something wrong.
You won't feel sorry for her when she comes along behind you with it and rams you (or a kid) down some steps!
Post a Comment