Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ice Cream

Now that the weather is getting hotter we've been getting out for more walks, trips to the school playground or park etc. All these ventures take us past the little corner store at the end of our street so they've enjoyed a recent pick-up in business from us... and we've enjoyed several treats on Grandma Ann and Patsy!

It didn't take Izzie long to figure out teeth are faster than tongues. She likes frozen food (smoothies, strawberries, bananas, frozen peas and corn... she even likes frozen shredded cheese!), and she eats most of that without utensils so cold food doesn't deter her from grabbing on with her bare hands.

Ben loved his ice cream but almost seemed to like the idea of it more than actually eating it. He licked it for a while then declared it too cold and let it rest on his plate.

I tried to convince him to bite it but he didn't like that idea. I think we got this particular treat in and out of the freezer several times before it was eventually finished off by Izzie. So really, they both got to enjoy it!

2 comments:

patsy said...

I know how Izzie likes frozen things; I remember her with the frozen blueberries. Miss Purple Face! I have to say that ice cream is a favorite treat of mine. Yum, yum!

Grandma Ann said...

Like father, like son. Colin didn't like cold things either. I'm confident Ben will grow into loving ice cream. How else could he be my grandson?