Friday, January 25, 2008

Riverbanks Zoo

This was Ben's first time to go to a zoo and I think he really liked it, although he seemed just as happy to walk over the small bridges as to see the animals.

Ben was excited to see the koalas because he has just recently learned the word and he could point out that there was a baby and a mama.

Ben panicked when this fish started coming at him, but after I laughed he calmed down.

I thought one of the highlights of the trip would be Ben getting to feed the giraffes, but the feeding area was closed. One hopeful giraffe came up to see us anyway.

This is a green tree monitor. Ben likes his long tail.

The jellyfish were very serene. Seemed like there should have been some Enya playing over the speakers.

Ben didn't even try to say flamingo (or hippopotamus), but his attempts at alligator and octopus were very understandable.

I don't know what kind of fish this is, but doesn't it look like it was made out of somebody's dress from the 70's?

Leopard shark.

My favorite - the king cobra! (Stop squealing, Mom... it's behind glass!)


Ben's thoughts on the animals were as follows:
orangutang: "Loud."
hippo: "Big bum."
elephant: "Big nose."
llama: "Horse."

No comments: