Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ben's Second Birthday

It's hard to believe but as of September 16th, our little boy is two years old! I think he's had a growth spurt recently, or maybe it's because Izzie is so small in comparison, but he turned two and suddenly looks to me like he's three! At his 2-year check-up the nurse said he is in the 50th percentile for weight, 75th percentile for height, and 90th percentile for head circumference.

We celebrated his birthday with Grandpa, (Colin's dad) Grandma Val and Aunt Karen. This year Ben helped open his own presents and blow out the candle on his cake. Grandma and Karen not only made the cake but did all the other preparations as well, which was wonderful, as I was still pretty tired and sore.
Ben checking out the kitchen set from Colin's parents.
I believe the box said "Requires some assembly."

Ben enjoying the assembled product. He loves to cook things in the "beep beep."Izzie, 4 days old, conked out in her party dress. (This dress was the dress I came home from the hospital in 32 years ago!)

2 comments:

Chris and Julee said...

Love the pictures. Have to say - I don't think Mom saved the dress that I came home from the hospital in. Or if she did, I don't have it. Probably just more fall-out from youngest child syndrome. ;)

-Julee

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! We watch the blog and announce to other family members, "New pictures on the blog!"