Tuesday, June 06, 2006

And They're Off!

On Sunday I ran in Pohang's annual "marathon." The longest distance is actually 20 km, so basically a half marathon. Two of our friends, Tim and John, ran that and lived to tell the story. Grace and I ran in the 10km race. My goal was to finish without walking and I did that - not including a few steps at a rest stop to gulp some water - so I'm pretty proud. (I think it's actually the farthest I've ever run.) And only three days later I'm almost able to walk normally again! My official time was 1:07:26. Grace finished in less than 54 minutes and then came back and ran with me to the finish line.

I wasn't the only one going places. On Tuesday we suddenly heard a thump from the bedroom and ran in to find Benjamin lying on his back on the floor crying. He had woken up from his nap, crawled across both beds (we have 2 singles pushed together) and fallen off. He had a mark on his forehead where he hit the ground but seemed otherwise unscathed. Yes, he is officially on the loose!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ladies! I'm impressed. See you soon.
Ann

Katie said...

i'm impressed too nat! definitely don't think i'd be able to walk for awhile after that too.

EJ said...

That is great to hear that you guys ran! Wonderful feeling, huh?

I just saw some pics of ben - so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

You did awesome Nat! It was so much fun running with you!!!