Only one more flight to go. What a long trip - from the man at the check-in counter who didn't know how to use the computer and took 30 minutes to get us processed, to the waiting around for the garment bag that never came. (We think someone with the last name Farber has all Colin's new work clothes.) Oh, and then there was the crushed car seat box. Luckily the car seat (and the Bumbo) survived. It would have been rather worrisome if it hadn't, considering that it's built to withstand a car crash.
Aeroplan was a whole other story. We decided to use some of our air miles to rent a car while we are in Vancouver. Colin did everything online in advance, and then called on Wednesday to check the details. The person he talked to said they sent a voucher - which we would have to bring to the car rental agency to get the car - and we were supposed to have called the agency ourselves. So there is one car rental voucher on its way to Korea. Funny, so are we... At this point we thought we didn't have a car, but the miles had been subtracted from our account. I called back to see if I would get the same story. I explained how we couldn't get the voucher because we weren't in Korea. I asked if we could cancel the arrangements and get the miles reinstated since we didn't have a car. The lady said no. This was bizarre to me... I'm not allowed to cancel the car I haven't rented? Finally Colin called the car rental agency directly and they said no problem we could just ask Aeroplan to fax a copy of the voucher to them. The rental agency turned out to be great - not only did we not need the voucher, but they gave us a minivan for the same price as the car!
We've recovered from the first leg of the trip and are safe and sound. Now if we can just get Colin's new clothes back.

No comments:
Post a Comment