Today was a "fun" Dr.'s appointment. I had to drink a bottle of glucose and get blood drawn for a gestational diabetes test. (All clear! Woohoo! Sorry Karen and John A. - I wasn't particularly eager to join the diabetes club going on in our family.) I also got the shot of partobulin as a protective measure since I am RH- and the baby might be Rh+. The part of the visit I was really looking forward to was the 3D ultrasound because the doctor was going to try and get a good picture of our baby's face. Unfortunately he didn't co-operate. (The baby, not the doctor.) He's already head down and facing my spine, so it was difficult to get a good shot. But, we now have a picture of a puffy eye and cheek. Also something else which we think is either part of me, some strange growth, or the baby's nose... The doctor said that even though the picture was (definitely) not cute, it doesn't mean our baby will not be cute.
Cute or not, I think he's going to be stong, as he seems to be doing quite a bit of Tae Kwon Do already. The ultrasound estimated his current weight at 1520g (about 3.3 pounds). I keep visualising his size and weight by comparing it to pounds of butter. More than three pounds of butter in my gut, and there could be another five or more by the time he's born! Yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment